Applications for admission to the Norman Manley Law School should be sent to the Registrar on or before January 31 in the year in which admission is sought.
Qualifications for Admission
- Before admission to the Law School an applicant student must have obtained one or other of the following qualifications:
- the Degree of Bachelor of Laws from The University of the West Indies;
- a university degree in law approved by the Council of Legal Education after consultation with the Dean of the Faculty of Law of The University of the West Indies;
- a university degree from an approved University in which the courses leading to that degree involved a study of law and other disciplines.
- a university degree in a discipline other than law, together with a certificate under the hand of the Dean of the Faculty of Law of The University of the West Indies that the student has satisfactorily pursued a course of study in law over a period of not less than two years in the Faculty of Law of The University of the West Indies and is a fit and proper person for admission to the Law School.
- The Council may require an applicant who seeks admission under category (b) or (c) in the preceding paragraph to pursue as a preliminary to admission a course of legal studies at such place as the Council may direct for a period not exceeding one year in one or more subjects including Law, Legal Systems, Legal History and Constitutional Law and Development in the West Indies to the satisfaction of the Principal.
- The qualifications described in categories (c) and (d) of paragraph 1 apply only to a student who has obtained his degree prior to October 1, 1972, or had commenced his degree course prior to that date and obtained his degree prior to October 1, 1975.
If you would like to apply for one of our programmes, download the appropriate application forms.
- Guidance for Applicants – Two Year Programme
- Guidance for Applicants – Six Month Programme
- Application for Admission into our 2 Year Programme
- Application for Admission into our 6 Month Programme
The office hours of the
Administration Department are:
Mondays – Fridays: 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
The Registrar is Mr. Carlando Francis
Contact for Admissions
- Telephone: (876) 927-1235/927-1899
- Fax: (876) 977-1012
- Address: P.O.Box 231, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I.
- E-mail:Â firstname.lastname@example.org